We encourage our young people to be civically engaged. In fact we follow a curriculum called 'Blueprint to Democracy' that encourages our students to become leaders within their school and community. One important step in encouraging our youth to have a voice and feel empowered is to register to vote. If you know of someone who is eligible to vote and would like to register please follow this link. If you are 16 or 17 you may also follow this link to pre-register to vote.
Become a mentor
YouthBuild members transform their lives and roles in society through earning their GED, high school diploma, or college credits, learning job skills, and serving their community through building affordable housing. Mentors are a key part of the YouthBuild community, supporting the learning, development, and exploration of young people. A mentor is an individual who wants to have a positive impact on a young adult’s life. He or she is a trusted and caring person, who provides positive solutions and support. Mentors have the opportunity to provide access to people, places, and things outside the mentee’s daily routine and environment. YouthBuild mentors help focus attention on the trainee’s YouthBuild Life Plan, participate in group mentoring and enrichment activities, communicate twice a month with the mentor coordinator, and participate in ongoing training sessions.
To become a YouthBuild mentor fill out our Application and contact: Kurt Mitchell, email@example.com, 530-378-5254
Ways To Donate
Thank you for your interest towards investing in our youth at California Heritage YouthBuild Academy!
It is our mission to provide our young people with meaningful opportunities and a second chance at a high school diploma. We believe strongly in rebuilding lives and our community. Your support helps us give a hand up to our opportunity youth in Shasta, Tehama, and Trinity counties.
Your donation positively impacts the following:
- Providing transportation for our students to/from school, doctors appointments, daycare arrangements
- Stipends for our Youth involved in our Low-Income housing projects
- Supplies for our Low-Income housing projects (tools, hard hats, tool belts etc.)
- Tuition and book fees for our concurrently enrolled community college youth
- Incentives for attending school
- Growing our school food bank
- Supplies for free onsite laundry services
- When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. Select California Heritage YouthBuild Academy from the drop down menu, and the proceeds will benefit the school directly.
- With the help of Women's Fund, we were able to build and utilize a food pantry for our food insecure students. We are always looking for donations of canned goods, non-perishables, and personal hygiene products. Contact the main office at (530) 378 5254 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- A check can be made out to the order of 'California Heritage YouthBuild Academy' and mailed to the school, at 8544 Airport Rd, Redding, CA 96002. You may also contact Cathy Taylor, Executive Director, at (530) 378 5254 or email@example.com with any questions.
- See our list of needs on the NorCal United Way website, we keep it up to date with any material or volunteers we may need.